These are available for 6-12 weeks over the summer vacation, dates negotiable. Please discuss possible projects with any members of the lab. Please apply using the standard School applicationforms and instructions. Applications close: 29 October.
Courses useful for working in the QT Lab
If you are interested in quantum information, we recommend that you take a wide variety of undergraduate courses, in as many areas of science as possible. The
following courses do relate specifically to our lab, but it is not necessary to have taken all of them before joining us. For more details of the undergraduate Physics
program see here.
- PHYS2090 (2u, sem 1) Optical Physics
- PHYS2041 (2u, sem 2) Quantum Physics
- PHYS3040 (2u, sem 1) Quantum Physics
- PHYS3050 (2u, sem 1) Electromagnetic Theory Handbook entry
- PHYS3820 (2u, sem 1) Experimental Physics Handbook entry
- PHYS3810 (2u, sem 2) Experimental Physics Handbook entry
- PHYS4060 (2u, sem 2) Laser Physics & Spectroscopy Handbook entry. This course offered in even years only.
- PHYS4072 (2u, sem 2) Experimental Techniques Handbook entry. This course offered in odd years only.
- PHYS4090 (2u, sem 2) Quantum Optics & Stochastic Processes Handbook entry. This course offered in even years only.