In 2023 we have both PhD and Postdoctoral positions available: if you'd like to join us to explore fundamental quantum phenomena, develop quantum technologies, and apply these to problems from sensing to neuromorphic computing—please look here for information on how to apply for a PhD with us , or join us as a Postdoc. If you're an undergraduate keen to try some life on the quantum edge, go here for information on our undergraduate programs. If you don't have a background in physics—but do have a background in engineering, computer science, or mathematics—consider joining us via the Master of Quantum Technology program.
- 03/05/2023: Andrew was in Canberra today at Nomad Atomics for the launch of the National Quantum Strategy. This identifies the key areas that government needs to focus on to support the growth of a strong quantum industry and capability, and will scale up through the next 7 years to 2030. Let the hard work begin!
- 13/03/2023: It is a great pleasure to welcome back—courtesy of stints in Scotland and Australia—Markus Rambach who joins the QT Lab today as a Senior Postdoc working on neuromorphic and quantum technologies. The next few years are going to be a blast!
- 08/12/2022: The lab's first paper with colleagues from Vietnam, Certification of photon Fock states using second-order nonlinearity, appeared today in Physical Review A. Congratulations Dat, Marcelo, and Nguyen: what a great way to end the year!
- 01/12/2022: In today's Nature Physics Andrew has a News & Views article discussing the clever new experiment from the Szameit group, Not commuting around Hilbert space. Integrated photonics for the win!
- 28/10/2022: Exciting news: we are offering two five-year Research Fellowships in Quantum Technologies and Neuromorphic Computing, one here in Brisbane at the Quantum Technology Lab, and the other working in Sydney with Professor Sven Rogge at the University of New South Wales. If this appeals, please get in touch! (The Brisbane job application is live now, it closes December 2; we will update this page when the Sydney job ad goes live).
- 23/09/2022: And hot on the heels of yesterday's writeup, the press release from Minister Husic on the National Quantum Advisory Committee.
- 22/09/2022: Last night in the Pearcey Oration, the Honorary Ed Husic—Minister for Industry and Science—announced the National Quantum Advisory Committee. Andrew is honoured to be a member and is looking forward to working with everyone on the committee in helping shape Australia's quantum strategy.
- 05/09/2022: Exciting news: the new round of Deborah Jin Fellowships are now open. If you'd like to join our team working on all things quantum then please apply!
- 28/08/2022: It has been our privilege to work with Dr Till Weinhold for most of the last two decades. Joining us as a PhD student, then rejoining us after a few-year stint ion-trapping, Till has initiated and led some of our most challenging and exciting projects, working with colleagues around the world. So it is with heavy hearts—but excitement for his new position—that we wish Till the very best of luck as he joins Defence Science and Technology. It has been a delight and an honour Till, and we hope to get to work with you again soon!
- 05/08/2022: The Faculty of Science today published a profile of Emerald, Where curiosity leads. It's a wonderful read, go check it out!
- 15/07/2022: And hot on the heel of last month's news, many congratulations to Mahdi, who today completed all the requirements for the award of the Master of Philosophy degree for his thesis, Encoding and measuring information in high-dimensional quantum states. Bloody well done Mahdi and enjoy your new gig!
- 01/07/2022: After successfully completing her Honours, Fatemeh starts today with us as a PhD Student. Welcome aboard once again Fatemeh, and may the next three years be even more fun than the last!
- Older news can be found here.